Friday, February 12, 2010

Easy Peasy Alphabet Work

This has to be probably the easiest thing I have put together yet and all because I cheated! Well you know, I didn't spend hours searching for clip art and creating all of the little images and then all of the printing, cutting and laminating (oh I still had to do a bit of that).

I actually purchased a couple of very reasonably priced posters recently from Aldi, just another one of their super specials that they get in from time to time.

I'm not a big fan of posters, they take up alot of room and get used very little, well at these sorts of ones do anyway. But I decided that I could cut them all up and we could play games with them.

I did up a quick control chart so that they can alphabetized independently. They can also be used for object/phonics work, we can play snap, memory and the list goes on.

So for roughly half an hours work I am pretty happy with the results. It now has a place on our language shelves, lets see if anyone likes it.

3 comments:

Adriana said...

Great idea to use posters for this!

Debbie said...

This is a neat idea! I am with you about posters. I use to have a Noah's Ark alphabet on the wall, oh yes, Selena would go and pick out her alphabet, but it wasn't as hands on as something like this or her alphabet books.

Raven said...

Awesome idea! I have an alphabet poster just screaming to be chopped up and laminated. And you're right--posters just don't get much good use hanging on a wall. Thanks again!

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a lovely comment :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs